Friday, February 04, 2005

Midland's dog park, coming soon...

Big 2 mentioned the dog park today. I cannot wait for this dog park to be completed. I know a lot of people have complained about "we're over taxed" and "we don't need to spend anymore money on anything," but this is funded by private contributions and fundraising. Up to $70,000 is needed for this park, and all donations are tax-deductable. Everyone should get a flier in their water bill with more information on the dog park, and it should have an address to send donations to. If you cannot wait and must give a donation this second (which should be all of you, all 2 of you that is), according to Sleepless in Midland, "The Permian Basin Area Foundation is in charge of collecting the donations." Give them a call at 682-4704.

I, for one, will use the dog park on a near-daily basis. I live in an apartment with my part Pit Bull part German Shorthaird Pointer (I think that's what his father was), and current have no access to a place for him to run around. So he runs figure-eights in the living room and under the dining room table. This is a great thing for many Midlanders who are in the same predicament, or those who just like to get their dog's out of the backyard and let them run around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bert,

Thanks for calling attention to the proposed dog park. I phoned the Permian Basin Area Foundation a few minutes ago to make sure that they are still collecting for the dog park, and they confirmed that they are.

The donor needs to specify that the donation is to go to the dog park and should write "dog park" in the memo portion of the check.

It should be a very nice park once it's completed.

George at Sleepless in Midland

1:42 PM  
Blogger Bert said...

Yes the dog park should be a very nice addition to our park system. I wonder if owners are responsible of "cleaning up" though. I know a lot won't, so I wonder if they'll have city workings equipped with pooper scoopers. Anyway, I plan on donating next week after pay day. It's a small price to pay for the number of times I will be out there (probably close to everyday). I just wish when it starts getting warmer outside that they organize another doggy splash day. I didn't have Caeser at the time, and from what I read on you're blog, it sounded like so much fun!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker