Sunday, February 20, 2005

You WIN!

I've always been curious about this. We all know when you buy a coke you can win something by looking under the cap. It seems that lately most companies have started giving you an online code to take to their website and type it in to see if you win. Well here's what I'm curious about. Is this catching on with people? I know it hasn't with me. I HATE THIS METHOD! I don't feel like registering all my information with coca-cola just to find out that I didn't win. I would much rather purchase an instant win product where under the cap it tells you "you win" or "try again", because I don't feel like messing with "f824nw09efh294795." Maybe I'm lazy. Maybe I'm impatient.

Here's my question for you (yes, YOU!!). How many times have you gone online with a code? Have you ever won anything? Did you have to register before you could type the code in? And what do you think about the method? Do you think instant win caps should be brought back?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate registering online, and I would never do it for a contest.

The last Coke I bought from a machine (at HEB) said on the label: "Look Under the Cap, 1 in 12 wins free Diet Coke!" Under the cap it said "Drink Coke Play Again." No thanks, maybe later.

George at Sleepless in Midland (still not registed at Blogger)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Bert of Bert's Blog said...

Well George, I agree with you there. I don't want to give out my address and phone number and e-mail address to companies that are going to send me newsletters and ads and such. I would much rather find out privately if I won.

Oh, and by the way, I don't think you have to register on this site anymore to leave a comment. If you click on "Other", you can type in a name (and avoid having your post say "anonymous said..."). See how I posted as "Bert of Bert's Blog" and I didn't even have to register!

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker